CNY Day 1: gong xi fa cai!!!

Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Horse Year!!! and Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

Chinese New Year is one of my look forward season of the year...
especially on the first day of CNY where i call it Nian Cho1..:p
because this is probably the one and only one day...
where i will be determined to dress up nicely to meet friends and familes...
i will choose the nicest outfit i had from my CNY shopping hauls...
and put it up on this day...
and because this year is especially my year...
*because i'm a horsey*
i specially find myself a 'Qi Pao'...
*the modern version one of course*
and i found one where i fell for it at the first sight...
but i could not get to buy the colour i desired which is pink...
so i ended up i white...
love it because it has a sexy cut out at the back..:)
with a little amendments on it this 'Qi Pao' fits me perfectly...
and my 'Qi Pao' is from Twenty3...

every year routine is the same on Nian Cho1...
my family will dress up and go 'bai nian' at my KuMa's place...
daddy's elder sister...
where daddy's side cousins will come back from KL and Singapore respectively...
with so many kids in the house...
we get to play fire cracker this year because one of them bought an eight feet fire cracker...
fire cracker is for adults so the kids were just the audience...
Gor and my two already-daddy cousins brothers were the ones...
to do the setup from climbing up the tree to tie the fire cracker...
*climbed on the dustbin and hanged on the tree to be more accurate*
till the lighting up of fire cracker of course...
three of them were pushing each other to light it up...
but after pushing here and there...
my Gor the Black Belt man was the brave one to do the honour..:p
*he got this nickname from my cousin-sis-in-law because his son is the Green Belt boy..LOL*

then Gor will drive to his master's place to 'bai nian'...
while i followed mummy and daddy back home to wait for guests to come over...
KuMa and families will come over to our house every time without fail...
though we already went to her house to 'bai nian'...
and my daddy is the younger brother...
few years back they came to 'bai nian' because my grandparents were still around...
but even though they are not here anymore...
they still make it a habit to still come over...
they usually come over after their 'bai nian' session with their side of families...
for mummy's dessert and just come over to chit chat..:)
*family bonding*
this year mummy specially ordered Durian Cheese Cake from Secret Recipe...
to serve our guests...
*first come first serve of course because mummy only bought one whole cake*

could not wait for them to come over because i needed to rush over to Esther's house...
another every year without fail habit...
Esther's house is the first friend 'bai nian' place to go...
this year is pretty simple CNY celebration for her family...
because Esther's parents did not have open house like the previous years before...
where they had red tents and tables and catering food...
this year is rather simple in Esther's place where they only invite close friends and families...
still Aunty Yeow cooked food to serve the guests..:)

the Birthday Gang 
*one missing though*
Siak (Airen's darling) is part of Birthday Gang already i guess...
*means baby is one of Birthday Gang member too?*

my beloved 'jimuis
*one missing though..every year also missing in action*

and every year after 'bai nian' at Esther's house...
we usually will drive in few cars from Esther's house all the way to my house...
but this time there was a little bit last minute change of plan...
HongCheet randomly asked us to go over to his house 'bai nian' first...
before heading to my house...
we agreed since he requested already...
the bad thing was that my Airen could not make it to my house already...
because she has to leave to Siak's friend's place to 'bai nian'..:(

Cookie was here at my house when my gang arrived...
i had to ask mummy to carry Cookie because Esther is afraid of unchained dog...
but Cookie had the most attention when everyone arrived at my house...
her cute and innocent look in mummy's arms melted everyone's heart...
plus she was not barking at any of my friends at all...
*good girl!!!*
though Esther was afraid but she could not help but gave Cookie a pat on her head...
*aaaaaawwwwww*

my house is always the last pit stop for friend's 'bai nian' session...
they usually will hang at my house until around 6-6.30pm...
before heading back home for family reunions...
and guess what i just know that Grace especially loves the prawn crackers in my house...
*LOL..daddy always buy from Kelantan or Kemaman*
and Marcus especially loves the iPad3 because he kept playing games from there..:p
and not to forget that Marcus brought a basket of ants to my house..-_-

i guess that is all about my CNY Nian Cho1..:)

spamming pictures with Gor's Samsung Note3 because his front camera is so AWESOME!!!
love my hair colour?..:p

You Might Also Like

0 response(s) received