EmilyCareer

Job Hunts: interview with Swisslog

Monday, March 24, 2014

my first interview after S.W.I.F.T...
i am applying for position as Software Graduate Trainee at Swisslog (M) Sdn. Bhd...
did not really prepare myself for this interview actually...
because i spent whole day outside with baby yesterday...
i kind of foreseen that there will be a test during the interview...
but still i only managed to study the company's background...
and just a little bit basics on Java the night before..-_-

was a little nervous as time flew by especially on the morning itself...
could barely get myself to sleep having so much thoughts and fears...
no idea what i afraid or worry about...
but somehow there was this uneasy feeling in me throughout the night...
that i could not wait till the alarm ring...
but to jump out of bed 15 minutes earlier to wash up and dress up myself...

my interview was scheduled at 9.30am...
was so worry about the traffic so i left home superb early...
that i ended up reaching my pit stop freaking early..><
did not expect the traffic could be so smooth all the way on Federal Highways...
waited in the car for almost 45 minutes before going up to the office...

as expected i was given a half an hour test with 10 questions...
they were questions on Java and SQL..>< 
it was not that easy because they are not of the basics questions...
was struggling with those questions and in the end i only got half correct..:(

after the test two of the programmers whom were also my interviewers of the day...
came in to begin the interview session...
it went quite well at the beginning they made the whole conversation very casual...
not much of the stressful side...
there was this one question in the application form that asked...
'what role do i see myself in 3-5 years time?'
i have written 'Business Analyst' and 'Project Management'...
from there they asked me 'why'...
i told them i am not very keen in full time programming and prefer to be on the customer site more...
they told me that this position that i applied...
Software Graduate Trainee is a position that will be trained to be Customer Support Executive...
there will still be probably about 40% of programming involved...
i told them i do not mind at all because i just do not want to be FULL TIME...
i even took the opportunity to ask them if i will be allowed to draw to other path like being a Business Analyst after a few years...
and they did gave me positive feedback that if there is any chance for that the company will allow me to go for the right path...
 and at that moment i kind of think that i do have the chance to be accepted...
because they kind of liked my performance...

UNTIL the second session with the Human Resource Department...
where the HR manager started to ask me the same question...
and there i started my explanation all over again..><
i seemed to get to convinced the programmers but not the manager...
she requested me to re-consider if i still want to apply for this position...
because she is worried that this position might not be suitable for me as this position might not be able to provide the career that i desired...
*WTF..two people telling me two different things!!!*
i have no idea what should i consider also...
i applied for this position it means i am fully prepared for it already...
i never doubt myself about it..but obviously the HR is the one who doubted me..-_-

i guess the interview was not that well after all...
i wished i will success in this interview because i wanted to enter this company so much...
but now it turns out to be quite negative..:(

You Might Also Like

0 response(s) received