EmilyCareer

Job Hunts: interview with AIS

Saturday, April 05, 2014

4th April 2014

while waiting for Swisslog to get back to me...
i thought might as well just try my luck on others as well...
i was very lucky that after the first interview with Swisslog...
i have got scheduled for another interview in no time...
this time i am going on an interview with Analytical Intelligence Solutions (AIS)...
i got this job offer from Melvin some time ago...
he knows that i wanted a non-programmer job so he recommended me this company...
who is currently looking and recruiting numbers of Business Analyst...
i hesitated to go for this at first because i never know where is Dutamas...
*and so do baby*
but i wanted to give it a try somehow because it is at least something that i might be looking for...

so i went ahead and email the company for an application...
and very soon they got back to me...
i was asked to do a demo using a software called Qlikview...
and i was told that i am required to present my demo during the interview....
i was given roughly about one week plus before facing them for the interview...

Qlikview is a very powerful presentation tool used for data presenting purposes...
it is some sort like Microsoft Excel but it is way much more customizable...
and the biggest different between them is that Qlikview also has some SQL scripts needed...
i am totally not familiar nor ever heard of this software before...
until i was assigned for such task...
obviously i need to study this on my own with the help of the tutorials provided in the website...
the tutorials are mostly the basics that are not tough to cope with...
but things become difficult when you want to do a more advanced demo...
because it requires SQL scripts as well...
and when you are not familiar with what term to apply to produce such outcome...
basically you are just doomed..><
so i basically only managed to come out with a very simple demo based on what i learnt from the tutorials...
definitely not good or appealing enough to get additional marks from there...
but nothing can be done but to wish for the best...

the moment i stepped into the office...
i have kind of made up my mind that i do not want to work here already...
even if i get offered to work...
because i think the office is just too small to be true...
it is so much smaller than my previous internship company..o.O
*i think working environment plays an important aspect when it comes to work life*
i cannot survive working long in a room that is just about the size of my house's living room..><
but i did not show any expression that i am not interested with the job anymore...
i tried my best to perform and present my demo to them...
and i think they are very positive in hiring me that they gave me two Qlikview reference books...
and expect me to be able to catch up me most of the functions in Qlikview...
when i start my work on the first day...
*obvious enough that they want to hire me already*
i did not want to reject them at that time so i accepted the books..-_-
i will send a proper email to reject when i got their official notice to hire me...

You Might Also Like

0 response(s) received