BdayGang

at the Ben's

Sunday, January 04, 2015

3rd January 2015

very quickly we have organised another dinner catching up with the gang...
this time with the semi-Singaporean ShuYing tagging along...
yerp..this is the whole reason why we are meeting up...
to welcome her back and to say goodbye to her..*LOL!!!*

thanks Marcus for offering to fetch HongCheet and me...
it was the first time Marcus came to Brickfields area...
and his first reaction was "so many Indians.."
I know right..but this is where I stay whenever I am in KL for the past 24 years..:)
then we headed over to UM to pick up HongCheet...
and then off we head to Publika...

we could not decide on what to eat there so we actually walked around the whole Publika...
while waiting for Airen and Siak to arrive...
I was thinking to go for Fatboy's The Burger Bar...
but Marcus wanted to go for Ben's...
*so Ben's it is*
we were seated at the upper level of the restaurant...
did not like climbing their stairs though..-_-
but I love the vintage lamp shades they have at their bars...

let's see what we had for dinner then...

Ben's Cheeseburger on Sesame Seed Bun
price at RM28.00
with cheddar slices and french fries

I never know cheeseburger is actually means burger with beef patty...
*IKR..LOL all you want!!!*
the moment I took the first bite on the patty I was like "beef?!..o.0"
because I do not take beef..><
but no doubt the cheeseburger actually tasted not bad at all...

Dozy Cheese Toastie
price at RM20.00 and RM23.00 with added turkey ham
with cheddar cheese, gruyere, parmesan cheese and four colour chips

Airen ordered these toasts not sure if she asked for turkey ham or not...
the chips are of sweet potatoes and yams I think...

Beef Lasagne
price at RM28.00
layers of pasta, minced beef bolognese and cheese, baked till golden

ShuiYing and HongCheet ordered this...
I did not want to try it because there is beef in it...
and I was also trying to finish up my cheeseburger..-_-
this comes in a rather big portion...
HongCheet was having difficulty trying to finish the whole plate...
but the skinniest one (ShuYing) was enjoying every single bite of it...
and was asking for more..*LOL*
I can see "this is really good!!!" from how she enjoyed it..:p

Golden Soft-Shell Crab Spaghetti
price at RM28.00
with curry leaves and cili padi

Siak's plate of pasta..definitely not that filling for him...
because from what I see it was quite a small portion with only a few strands of spaghetti..:p
the couple was recommending this to us when we were ordering our food...
but I was attracted to the sandwiches more...
*where i ended up with beef patty..wtf*
no doubt the crab really looks yummy though...

Spaghetti Pomodolo
price at RM22.00
with homemade traditional tomato sauce and herbs

Marcus always order orange-gy pasta to eat wan..-_-
to me this is just a an ordinary bolognese spaghetti...

after dinner we went to the Big's supermarket...
to accompany the couple to do grocery shopping...
*gosh..they do look like those old couples married for few years..envy die..><*
this was when I started to feel not so well suddenly...
menstrual attack came earlier then i expected..><
but the pain was still bearable so I did not complain on going back early...

we had our second round at Mad About Coco...
and it is all about chocolate!!!
 I should be the most excited one when it comes to chocolate...
but the cramps made me lose appetite and I was not in the mood to order anything at all..-_-
so ended up just sitting waiting to go back..*wtf*

Hot Chocolate
price at RM12.00 and Rm16.00 with marshmallows...

this is their signature drink there with their mascot art on it...

Chocolate Bomb
price at *oops..forgot..sorry..><*

I find this much more interesting than their signature hot chocolate...
this drink comes with a chocolate cube...
and all we need to do is just dip the cube into the warm milk...
and it turns to be chocolate..:)

I browsed their menu and I can see many different ranges of desserts and are all very pretty!!!
I will want to come again to try them out next time..:)

last but not least our not-so-good quality group picture...

You Might Also Like

0 response(s) received