BdayGang

the surprised birthday for her

Saturday, January 10, 2015

8th January 2015

my initial intention was merely to ask her out for a dinner date on this day...
just me and her because I did asked the gang if they want to have another dinner to celebrate her birthday...
but I did not hear back from any of them for two days...
I thought probably because we have meet up quite often recently...
so yea I decided to just do it without them already and went ahead to ask her...
but she told me that she is superb busy on her birthday weekend...
occupied with families and wedding dinner...
so in the end I decided to pull our dinner date to Thursday night...
*be-earlied is better than be-lated right..:p*

and just when everything is confirmed...
it turned out that the gang wanted to join..-_-
but I did not tell her about it because I was thinking might as well just make it as a surprise for her...
plus she did not know that Keong was finally back in Malaysia...
so let's the surprise begin..:D

Surprise No.1

since it is going to be a surprise I have to make sure everyone is there before her...
*pheeww..this is the tricky and fishy part..and the most fun part of course*
on one side I have to ask the gang what time they can make it to the dinner place...
thank god Marcus offered to fetch HongCheet and Keong...
but the two guys have to drop at any LRT station nearest to Marcus working place...
*sorry..I do not recall which station they stopped at*
since it's an after work peak hour which also means massive jam everywhere..><
so I told her we meet at 7:30pm just to ensure the guys reach first...
and on the other side I also had an agreement with her boyfriend to make sure that she can at least reach the dinner place later than 7:30pm...
which made him very hard to do so because he kept telling me that she dislikes to be unpunctual..-_-
I could not force him anymore so what I could suggest is just try to be as late as possible...
and whenever there is necessity I will just text her telling her my meeting is not over yet...
*that's all I could think off to drag her..><*

but somehow the plan worked quite well all thanked to the rain...
the traffics turned out to be even worse during rainy period...
Siak was not able to reach her office on time to fetch her as he was freaking stucked in jam...
but surprisingly the four of us were already at Publika around 7:00pm...
*luck was indeed on our side..:D*
we still had time to walk around before heading over to S,Wine to get our reserved table...
she text-ed me telling me that she will be late because Siak is not there to fetch her yet...
*I know Airen..:p*
so I just replied that I am still in meeting, while flipping through the menu thinking what to eat already...
*LOLOLOL!!!*
not long after that Siak text-ed me telling me they reached and asked me to text her immediately because she wanted to do grocery shopping already...
*smack head!!!* 
text-ed her again to tell her I reached S.Wine...
and her response was "so fast? okie I come now" without even suspecting any fishiness..:D
plus we were seated at quite a strategic place with a big pillar blocking the three guys...
so when she came in from the entrance she saw nobody...
until she walked toward the table and saw everyone was there..:D
*SURPRISED!!!..success!!!..checked!!!*
how I wished I could capture her so-surprised-face and show to the rest of the gang..:)

as mentioned we had our dinner at S.Wine, Publika
I know she wanted to try this restaurant so much which is why I suggested here..:)
but superb difficult to find this place...
because it is situated in the Big's supermarket far at the end of the butchery section...
the food we ordered look superb fine dining and pretty...
*except for Keong's one..LOL*

Pan-Roasted Pork Chop with Spinach
price at RM32.00
white wine, seeded mustard and cream sauce on a bed of spinach and crushed potatoes with bacon and sauerkraut 

HongCheet and me ordered the same food...
no idea what is "sauerkraut" so I Google-ed it and Wikipedia tells me it is "sour cabbage"...
but I did not taste any sour in my mashed potatoes...
I like the sauce though..creamy and it goes pretty well with the pork...
and ohh talking about the pork..
how I love it comes with a little fats layers which tasted really good..:)

Hainanese Pork Chop
price at RM28.00
drenched in tomato sauce with peas, corn and carrot topped with coriander, served on a bed of crinkled fries

see I told you Keong's food that the lowest presentation mark..:p 

Sausage & Bacon Chunks
price at RM29.00
spaghettini tossed with garlic sausages and bacon chunks, tossed in tomato-capsicum concasse with cream

Marcus ordered this pasta...
he was superb hungry that he slurped down this bowl of pasta in no time...

Pork Lagsane
price at RM29.00
layers of pasta, minced pork, bechamel and cheese, baked till golden

Siak ordered this not sure how does it tastes...
but looking at the golden colour baked pasta now makes me drool already..:p

Pork Bolognese
price at RM29.00
spagehttini with traditional red wine pork ragu

*I just Google-ed the word "ragu" as well because Blogspot does not seems to recognise this word..
and Wikipedia tells me it is a meat-based sauce normally used in Italian cuisine*

looks like normal bolognese that I used to cook at home...
but once you found out the term "ragu" this whole bowl of noodle levels up immediately..:D
ordered by the birthday girl...

I could not rate this restaurant because I've only tried the pork chop that I ordered for myself..-_-
and I find the portion is rather small for big-eaters like the guys...
and a little pricey too..but hey it's FINE DINING yo!!!..-_-

the S.Wine Restaurant is located at...
Level UG1, Publika 1 Jalan Dutamas 1,
Solaris Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Telephone: +603-6209 1716
Business Hours: Weekday 11:00am - 10:00pm | Weekend 9:00am - 10:00pm

Surprise No.2

I have planned to get her a purse since the day I noticed she no longer using her red purse...
and substituted with a blue-yellow one which I am not too sure where she gets from...
but sort of think that she does not like that purse though...
so I went ahead to get her a purse..:)
I also realised that she has the habit of flipping her purse 180 degree whenever she is using it...
so in my mind her purse has to be flippable...
flippable means it has to be thin..><
which is so freaking hard to find because most of the purses nowadays designed in such a way that all compartments are covered with one single big zipper...
which I hate it so much because it is so difficult to pull out cards...
and I limit myself to only look at MK and C&K outlets...
but I cannot afford MK..:(
so in the end I only left with C&K..><

got her a very classy bright pink which I kind of like it too..:p
*I hope she liked it too*

Surprise No.3

this surprise was definitely out of my expectation and did not even fall any near my plan...
*and Marcus said it was a failed surprise..-_-*
I actually also planned to get her a birthday cake...
and she did mentioned before that she wanted to try the cheesecake from Uncle Tesu Cheesecake...
which is freaking long queue almost everyday every time..><
so I purposely scheduled my timetable to be in the office whole day that day...
so that I can go queue for the cake after work and then head to S.Wine earlier...
but who would have thought that I have to attend a last minute meeting at Menara Maybank KL at 4:30pm??!!..o.0
and I have to leave office at 3:00pm to avoid jam...
I did thought of bringing along the cheesecake with me but I cannot risk that it might spoil if I leave it in the car for more than three hours..><
in the end I decided to ask her boyfriend for help...
option 1: I buy the cake and he come collect from me before 3:00pm and bring to the restaurant before fetching her...
option 2: he buys and bring the cake to the restaurant before fetching her...
and he decided to go for option 2...
so I put all my hope on him hoping that the cake can reach S.Wine on time...
BUT again..*sigh*
the restaurant does not allow outside food to be brought in...
which means no putting cake there..><
which also means Siak has to bring the cake home..><
eventually the cake stayed at her house for the night because Siak was stucked in jam...
and she was not in time to go home to shower anymore...
thought maybe we could just leave the cake to herself...
but Marcus insisted to want to try the so called famous cheesecake...
so on the spot with the birthday girl right beside me...
I text-ed the boyfriend who was sitting right beside her..*LOL*
to get permission to go their house...

and so our second-round turned out at Villa Makmur Condominium..:p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIREN!!!
I do hope you enjoyed your be-earlied birtthday with us...
and I hope you like the surprises we prepared for you..:)

You Might Also Like

0 response(s) received