EmilyFriends

the good batch

Saturday, March 07, 2015

dated Airen after so long!!!
she has been busy working lately that we do not have time to catch up with each other...
luckily she still agreed to meet up when I randomly asked her..:p
she asked me to choose where to meet up...
I was a little stressed up at first because I know she is very choosy when it comes to brunch...
she has been to many nice cafe already...
I am not sure which one she has not gone to before..><
I picked a few and tried doing some researches on the feedback of those cafe...
and apparently this cafe's reviews were good...
and most importantly she heard that it is good too...
so we agreed to visit this cafe..:)

The Good Batch...
the location is rather strategic but it is pretty difficult to get a parking there...
especially weekend..><

minimalist dimly-lit place with nowadays' cafe necessity...
the great invention of hanging light bulbs...
old-fashioned yet trendy..:)
tables are mostly occupied for four seated to accommodate the crowd...

Caesar Salad
price at *oops..forget..:p*

the poached egg they served to us was slightly cook...
which made it pretty hard to mix evenly to the leaves...
and I wished their toasted breads can be more crispy...
anyhow I love the sauce in this salad...
it is mayonnaise mixed with some other ingredients I guess...
I kind of liked the strong flavour of this dish... 

Portobello Road
price at RM19.90
breaded portobello mushrooms with wilted spinach and tomatoes topped with perfectly poached organic eggs and homemade Hollandaise on lightly toasted bread

well this taste was not really what I like because it tasted too very vege-ish to me...
luckily the eggs covered some of the taste already...

Norwegian
price at RM20.90
smoked salmon, capsicum and onion confit topped with a pair of perfectly poached organic eggs and homemade lemon Hollandaise on a lightly toasted bread

now I like this way much more!!!
fresh salmon is always my favourite...
and the sauce has slightly sour taste which sort of opened up my appetite too...

I personally think the food is really not bad...
additional bonus to the colourful presentation of their food...
and I will want to visit this cafe again for another brunch session to try the rest of the egg-ish dishes...

it has been so long since we last catch up with each other...
I am glad I made the initiative to ask her out...
because there were so much to talk about...
and we eventually occupied this table for more than two hours..:p

itadakimasu..:)

The Good Batch Cafe & Bar is located at...
No.53, Jalan SS21/1A, Damansara Uptown,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Telephone: +603-7733 2303
Business Hours:
close on Monday | Tuesday - Thursday 11:00am until 12:00am 
Friday 11:00am until 01:00am
Saturday 10:00am until 01:00am | Sunday 10:00am until 11:00am

You Might Also Like

0 response(s) received